6.29.2011

The projects: part I

Ok, so I've been talking about this damn Pinterest for long enough, let's see what it has inspired me to do.

I told you already that I'm in the process of revamping the bedroom to include my new love for grey and yellow.  The sheets and pillows were purchased and then it was time to figure out the space above the bed.

I feel like I'm about to get a little Young House Love up in here.

Here is what was above the bed before. Easy peasy and super cheap way to fill up a lot of space. Styrofoam + 12x12 scrapbooking paper glued on + some paint around the edges. Done and done.


Yeah this is the only photo I have of the wall. Let's reminisce on that sweet little peanut.

Styrofoam. Who knew you were so spectacular? 1. How easy is it to hang styrofoam? Really easy. Put in two nails and push it on. A breeze to get straight and move around as needed. 2. No worries about heavy objects falling on your head while you sleep (Andy's fear, not mine.)

So I figured I would just search out some new scrapbook paper and update the old look to grey and yellow. And in line with all of my other rhetorical questions: Do you know how hard it is to find grey and yellow paper? Basically impossible. There is NOTHING in Fargo/Moorhead, fyi.

Finally I found a pack of greys. Different designs, all grey. I guess it would have to do.

Then, I had myself a little idea. Why not just paint some yellow onto the paper? There were numerous sheets of the same design, so if it failed miserably, I still had extra.

Um, yeah, totally worked!


Here is the final project! I'm happy with the results (and our new grey sheets are phenom). I'm not quite sold on grey enough to get rid of the beige walls, but we'll see what happens.



And a close up of the yellow pillows and sequined pillow...that I bought a couple years ago and promised Andy would only come out at Christmas...and it's been on our bed ever since. :)

6 comments:

  1. That is GORGEOUS. Better than YHL, even. (They grate my nerves sometimes.) So, this styrofoam - does it come in pre-cut hunks, or do you cut it? And if you cut it, how? I want dummy instructions, Kelsey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you brushed over the details way too fast. Remember the YHL curtain posts? 2000 some words about basic curtains. That is what I was expecting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GENIUS, Kelsey! I may have to steal that idea of the styrofoam and paper thing because we totally need to fill up the same type of space. Did you find 12x12 styrofoam somewhere or did you have to cut it to that? Just genius!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Do you really make your bed like that every day? Cuz, I sure do.... wait, no.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous that you have a headboard, much less artwork hanging above it. I'm heading to my local Hobby Lobby right now (well not right now, what with kids in the baby pool and stuff, but soon).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and YHL just makes me exhausted.

    ReplyDelete