So in my lunch hour escapades, hitting up every store trying to find the right items for all of my projects, I stumbled upon a pillow winner at Gordmans. No offense to Gordmans, but I usually only buy hard objects there...you know, picture frames and vases and whatnot. But the pillows were pretty much what I was looking for...and on sale. Two words that, well, sell me on anything.
Now here's where things got a little dicey. Next to said yellow pillows: clearanced out grey sheets. I scoffed at the thought of buying sheets at Gordmans, but the clearance sticker, it's like I'm a fly to that light up buzzy death trap. I read a little closer, 600 thread count...hmm...sateen...hmmm...half off...hmm...they are the right color...they can't be bad right? So in the cart they went.
And in the wash they went.
And on the bed they went.
And in the garbage they will go.
Holy hell. Worst sheets eh.ver.
Andy woke up in the morning, looked at me and asked if they would get softer. I said yes, knowing full well there isn't enough fabric softener in the world to make these better.
We crawled in bed again the next night and it wasn't even pleasant. After a long day, you just want to climb into something soft and inviting...we however, were climbing into a bed of sandpaper. Andy said his skin hurt just laying there.
600 thread count my ass. Maybe they use the metric scale or something?
Needless to say the new, new sheets are in dryer.
No comments:
Post a Comment