Background:
1. Emmie has never liked a pacifier. Well not in the conventional way. Since teething began she has been using a pacifier as a chew toy...but she has never sucked on a pacifier in a normal way. We've tried, but she's never been interested.
2. Daycare told me earlier this week that Emmie has a new best friend, her name is Avery. I've never seen Avery without a pacifier in her face.
The story:
I picked up my kid today and she was sucking on pacifier. And she did all night. And she's now sleeping with it.
What is that about??
Is she already doing things just because her friends are? It's just the weirdest thing. I'll be so curious to see if she still loves that thing tomorrow...or if it was just a day long love fest. Or is this totally normal, like do babies just do what other babies do?
Let me know if I need to have the "be a leader, not a follower" talk.
And we've decided to name her pacifier Wilson. But you have to say it like Tom Hanks says it in Cast Away when the volleyball floats out into the ocean - Wiiiiilllllsonnnnnnn - because that about sums up the look on her face when she drops the pacifier. (Side note: Andy and I went to that movie on our first date...in 2001.)
Just cross your fingers that she doesn't start rebelling and get herself kicked out of daycare!!
ReplyDeleteI love how emmie has a BFF at daycare!
ReplyDeleteI found your blog while searching for Beginnings daycare. My son Charlie is in Emmie's room. He loves his pacifier too! Just wanted to introduce myself as a fellow Beginnings parent and let you know I love your blog. Deb
ReplyDelete