6.17.2011

How many strike does a parent get over the lifetime of their child?

So in my attempt to be sporty spice I guess I’ve broken some rules. Like, the don’t endanger or try to kill your baby rules. Oopsiedaisies.

As you saw, we didn’t have a helmet for Emmie’s little noggin while on our bike ride. Strike one. It was a short little spin around the block, but I figured going forward we better put something between her mind and the pavement. It was a hunch that was quickly confirmed by every mother on the face of the earth.

So I googled some baby helmets and wouldn’t you know…strike two…you’re not supposed to even have a baby under one ride in a bike seat. Shoot. Even though she sits unsupported and has a super strong neck, apparently she’s still not big enough to ride on the ol’ bike with mom and dad.

It’s even illegal in the state of NY. Hmm. Interesting.

Back to the stroller.

Sorry kid.

1 comment: