6.28.2011

Baked potato baby.

Oh man. Having a sick baby is not fun. Not that it sounds fun at all, but I just wanted to make sure you knew it's really not fun at all. Even the calling into work with a sick kid excuse, I've been looking forward to that for years now...also not that fun.

Saturday morning Paciface woke up and just wasn't herself. Oh yes, she is still in LOVE with her pacifier. Which in the sickness weekend was really an amazing little tool.  So anyways, normally baby is bright eyed and bushy tailed in the early AM, but not this time. We just laid on the couch and watched tv. Definitely something not right in her world.

Then the temp came. Ugh. She was literally on fire and we were in panic mode. We did the "doctor dance" as my sister in law so perfectly phrases it. Do we take her in, do we not, will they send us home, will they give us drugs. So we did the motrin, we did the baths, we did the cuddles and loves, and lots of naps...all weekend long.

Things were starting to perk up on Sunday night so we figured she was on the mend. It was Andy's turn to get up Monday morning and then...she puked on him. I know, it's funny looking back, but it certainly pushed us to run to the doc.

I used to get up early and stand in line to be the first at the Victoria's Secret Semi Annual Sale....now I get in line to be the first at the walk in clinic.

Anywho...she had fluid in her ear. I'm assuming that means an ear infection and we've got antibiotics now.

She is totally feeling better and that means mama is too.

Oh and this makes me so very thankful for a sleep-through-the-night baby. She's only been up once a night through the sickness but these parents, we need sleep.  So again, I'm so thankful she's a sleeper!

1 comment:

  1. Sick babies are never fun!! Griffin gave Kinley his runny nose and cough so we know what you are going through! And the paci thing- our Chiro told me that babies palettes kinda change and develop so if they don't take a certain paci right away keep trying different ones until they do. We finally found one for Kinley and it's ridiculously huge!!

    ReplyDelete