5.31.2011

can't.stop...just want to pin one.more.thing

Ok.

Pinterest.

Have you been?

If you don't want another venue to waste hours at the computer, stay away!!

Remember back in the day, when you'd find fun things in magazines, cut them out and put them in a binder. Say you were planning a wedding, perhaps before you were engaged - not like I would have ever done that - and you'd find a centerpiece idea, cut out the photo and paste it to the page with all the others...because heaven forbid that idea escape your memory.

Now fast forward...we have the internet. How does one cut and paste all those great ideas?

Cue Pinterest.com

Omigod!

Like seriously. It's the most amazing thing ever.

So you can just be reading a blog and see a cool project, pin it and it's saved forever. You're perusing Martha's page and need to remember how to make that such and such...pin it. That project on etsy.com that you're pretty sure you could make yourself, pin it! (Holy shit, could I be the Pinterest Spokesperson or what?)

The cooler thing than your very own virtual bulletin boards for every little thing you love and would die for...you get to see other people's bulletin boards...filled with the coolest of the cool this internet has to offer.

Anyways...this Pinterest. (Andy's so sick of hearing me say the word, so I'll type it again.) Pinterest. 

You get inspired. There are awesome ideas for the house, foods, drinks, party planning, photography, outfits...I'm in love. I've already been to Micheal's to get craftin' on one of the inspirations for Emmie's room.

Oh and the even bestier part...you can't just sign up for an account...you have to "request an invitation." I mean it's basically like signing up, because they send your invitation a day or so later....but really, the anticipation of the invitation email is pretty intense and when you see the invite hit your inbox, your heart will flutter, I promise.

So yeah, that's what I've been up to lately. Now go, hurry up and request an invitation (or I can invite you too...because I'm part of the in crowd) because then I can use that fancy @ sign to pin things that make me think of you, or  would be great at the party I want to throw for you, or would be a fun gift to buy you.

No comments:

Post a Comment