Ok, so technically I have to share my title with Alicia's sister, but with Andy as her only godfather, it evens out. I don't exactly know how to be a godparent and I'm not going to lie, Molly is more likely to learn her first curse word from me than a bible scripture...
Yesterday was Molly's baptism and the first time we left both kids with nana and papa. Everyone survived and church was like a mini vacation. And as we watched two little girls dancing down the aisles, trying to splash in the baptismal water and in general mortifying their parents, Andy and I were very pleased with our decision to leave the kids at home!
If you're wondering about Molly's gown...it is the gown handed down through generations in Alicia's family...starting in 1886. Yeah, you read that correctly too. 1886. And it was beautiful. Totally white and pristine.
And on her parents' porch, inviting you to brunch...the same chalk board door from Matt and Alicia's wedding. This time with a little message for Molly (drawn by her Grandpa).
No comments:
Post a Comment