Did you think that Saturday at the zoo post looked like perfection? The happy little family just enjoying the whole day.
Do you seriously believe everything you read on the internet?
Funny how you can decide exactly what you want to post….
The real story goes a little more like this:
Emmie woke up at about 6:30 on Saturday morning…full of piss and vinegar. I don’t know exactly what this saying mean*, but I think you get the gist. Nothing was right in her world. She didn’t eat breakfast and threw everything on the floor (damn I miss that dog sometimes), her shoes weren't right and her pony wasn't right. Against our better judgment, we decided to go to the zoo anyways.
Emmie plays a new fun game called car seat killmenow aka try and wrestle me into that car seat you suckers, good luck.
And then the crying started. And the whining. And the holy shit fits because her sock was wrong, then her shoe was wrong, the goldfish weren't helping and then mommy was threatening to jump out of the moving car on interstate. I was really regretting the decision not to pack the Elmo DVD. Ugh. Parentfail.
She fell asleep for about 4.5 minutes and it started up again. I’ve never been so excited to see the Wahpeton exit in all my life.
The zoo was actually fine. She hung out in her stroller, had some snacks and that was about it.
We thought we were going to win the battle home when we decided to turn her car seat forward facing. Nope. It just made the crying and whining louder. Awesome.
And then, she finally fell asleep. About 10 minutes out of Fargo of course…so that the second we pulled in, she woke up. For good. Oh for funsies, a ten minute nap for the day.
| This is also real life. Is it the monkey or my kid? And why is my husband taking a picture? |
*Of course I checked Urban Dictionary:
Full of piss and vinegar. Used to describe someone who is agitated or hostile, similar to being "fired up".
Ha! I like the real stories better ;) Oh, and as for that picture, I catch myself doing that in public also and then keep thinking I really shouldn't be doing that. Oh well.
ReplyDelete