I had an awesome 4th of July...despite it being on a stupid Wednesday and just throwing my days off completely. Is it Monday today? Is it Friday tomorrow? Who the hell knows. All I know is that Emmie started things off right and slept in until 8am. This is a new world record for her...but of course I was bright eyed before 7am and just laid there wondering when she was going to wake up. And I'm sure I've now jinxed myself by proclaiming this sleeping miracle to the internet world and she'll be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow, or all weekend.
Because it was a balmy 90 degrees by 9am with 142% humidity, we did all sorts of inside air conditioned activities. Family fun day started at Barnes and Noble for story time, then the mall, Target and Noodles & Co for lunch. Is there a better kid friendly lunch than mac'n'cheese and organic milk with a straw? I think not. Then, home for naptime...for everyone. And then a pedi for mama. Ahhh....
Then it was time to meet the fam for 4th of July dinner at the club, where we announced that we were having a boy. I even kept this one a secret from mom! Right before dinner, I asked Grandma to read Emmie her new favorite book: Just Me and My Little Brother. Grandma read the title aloud and by the end her eyes got bright and she looked over and asked "do you know this for real?" It was kinda fun.
Have I mentioned that Olivia and especially Emmie love their Grandpa? Like, a lot. Like, drop mom's hand and run to hold Grandpa's hand kind of love. Like, I only want to be carried by Grandpa kind of love. And it's the sweetest thing ever. He takes her on walks, and wagon rides and is always sneaking her treats.
 |
| Little scavengers waiting for ice cream. |
 |
| Look at these big girls compared to last year |
 |
| One. One family photo before she started waiving her hands and saying "alldonealldone". |
 |
| And this is why you don't wear necklaces with a 1.5 year old. |
 |
| And finally, Baby Dos makes a photo appearance. |
No comments:
Post a Comment