7.04.2012

It's not so much that I lied, I just didn't tell the whole truth.

Rewind to last week’s 20 week appointment.

Truth: The doctor said I could not have my ultrasound until 24 weeks.
Truthier: My doc was out sick, so I saw my nurse practitioner.

Truth: I like my doctor.
Truthier: I LOVE my nurse practitioner.

I swear, and Andy will vouch for me, I didn’t even ask for my ultrasound to be moved up…the nurse flat out asked if next week worked for us (as in this past Monday) and bright eyed and in shock I just nodded.  And then I almost peed my pants with excitement and tried to hold back the full teeth ear to ear grin, fearing she would double check some notes or something and push the ultrasound back to where it was supposed to be.

So if in the last week you asked about my appointment, you will recall, I said I was seeing the doctor again on July 23rd, which is true. And I said my doctor wouldn’t let me have the ultrasound until then, also true. I just neglected to inform you the nurse changed my ultrasound dates. Oopsies.
There you have it, at 21 weeks, we saw all of baby’s parts and pieces. Baby is healthy and happy and measuring right on. Baby wasn’t bouncing off the walls like Emmie was…fingers crossed this will be baby’s demeanor compared to Emmie’s tornadoesque behavior.

And the baby…the baby is a BOY!
I think of myself as a wordy kind of gal. I like to talk and I like to write. But I am completely without words to express how truly blessed I am feeling. I think back to five years ago when all of the baby talk started and shortly thereafter the infertility talk started and so many nights I cried myself to sleep, fearing I would never be a mommy...and now…to be here, with Emmie in all her Emmieness, with a son on the way, well, I am crying tears of joy. All I can say is thank you God for making these dreams come true.

Of course a healthy baby is what everyone prays for, but this…this is the thickest, most wonderful icing on the cake (the good sugary kind too, not that fluffy stuff). And yes, I cried through the rest of the ultrasound, most of the day and I’m tearing up now. I am so so happy that Andy will have a son. I am thankful he will have a boy to teach and to play with and be a role model for and his son will be so lucky to have him for a dad!  

Hello Baby Boy!

Apparently he likes to get a good close look at his knees.

3 comments:

  1. Yay congrats on a healthy baby boy! I love love having boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Congratulations Kels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kelsey! I could not be happier for you guys. What a perfect little family :)

    ReplyDelete