7.11.2011

4th of July

Family fun at the Country Club for the 4th of July:


Olivia showing off her shoe with Grandpa.

Grandpa and Emmie

The fam, me a bit sunburned thinking I was being badass without SPF 30.

Dave, Liv and Kristy

Grandbabies!

We were home before the fireworks started of course. It was time to get Emmie back on her schedule. After the sickness and ear infection, bedtime just wasn't what it used to be. As much as I love rocking the babe to sleep, I just can't see doing it every night through high school, so someone needs to put herself to sleep.

Crying it out isn't super fun, but it has to be done. So after some loves and kisses, down she went. We popped in the paci and turned on her seahorse. I stepped out of the room and waited for the meltdown.

Well the meltdown didn't happen, but this did:


I swear I did not pose her, she just flipped to her tummy, wrapped her arm around the sea horse and went to bed. Ah, heaven! 

She even slept through the fireworks, this photo...and the sirens.

Yes, another tornado warning that sent us to the basement. I scooped up the babe who had so wonderfully put herself to sleep and tucked her under the stairs in her bouncy chair.  An hour later we moved her back to her crib and didn't see her again until the morning. Even through the A-hole neighbors shooting off fireworks until 1am.  I mean I know I'm getting old and all, but seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment