7.24.2011

Wah.wah.

I'm a single mom. For the next 6 days. Wah.wah.

Andy is at work conference in Seattle and I'll be taking care of things on the home front. We talked about what all I was going to do this week and I said something like...I'm sure I won't clean the house, I'm sure I won't walk the dog, I'm sure I won't ever feed myself dinner*, and I doubt I'll get to work on time any day of the week**...but I will take care of our daughter.

So yeah, that about covers what I'll be doing!

Andy left at 3am this morning and Em slept in until a blissful 7am. If she sleeps on her back she wakes up at 6, if she flips she sleeps until 7.  I hate the tummy sleeping...but I sure do like the extra hour!

So far this morning we have made muffins, done laundry, taken a walk and gotten locked out of the house. Awesome.  Thankfully the weather is phenom this morning and I had left the patio door open. Oh and while we were walking around the house to get inside, Tucker rolled in mud.

It's only 9am


*Am I the only one that has completely forgotten how to feed myself without a husband around? I mean, I do a lot of the cooking, but refuse when he's not here. It will probably be cereal every night for dinner and sadly, I'm okay with that!

**Okay let's be honest, I don't get to work on time any day of the week, ever.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya Kels! I'm going to be solo with the two kids while Jason is in Texas for 3 weeks- he just left today. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, when my hubbys gone I LOVE cereal for dinner. The best!

    ReplyDelete