Next project. Modify the picture frame collage on the way downstairs.
Our upstairs is full of windows. Nice with the sunshine and natural light. Not so nice when I seriously have only two walls to hang photos. I have this super cute kid, I don't know if I've mentioned her or not, but I would really like to show off her photos...or show her off, whichever.
Here is the wall:
So I decided I needed way more frames. I bought a bunch of black frames and then changed my mind. Now I wanted white frames. Bring in the spray paint.
Painting from black to white...not fun.
Andy loves when I do projects. Because I always keep everything neat and tidy while working and I would never be so careless as to spraypaint the garage floor. ::sarcasm font::bold::
And then I had to figure out the frame configuration. So I made paper cut outs of each frame and got started. That was a mind trip all of its own. Then I printed off extra photos, did some rearranging and here we are:
Again, very happy with the results. Now I'll just be working on getting things level...probably for weeks to come.
Now...what to do with that awkward space to the right of the frame collage? (That's a real question this time.) Should I add some frames to that wall too? Leave it blank? Add a wordy phrase? Give me some ideas pretty please!
| The before. Just a few frames one the way downstairs. |
| The after. Lots and lots of frames...taking up lots of the wall. |
I vote just one big frame on the wall to the right, similar to what was there before. Perhaps a piece of art or something.
ReplyDeleteok...so I need a pintervention...apparently the Target version of simply sleep doesn't work quite as good - when I woke up at 5 this morning I didn't fall back into my coma as normal. Then...the posts, blogs & ideas starting their playback in my mind - eesh!! Anyways, I remembered seeing this post come across my phone but me never getting to see the pics. Had to retrace all your blogs to find it (actually wasn't hard - just wanted to look at all the pics of Emmie again! :)) Anyways...how about taking your frames into that space on the right? Following your ceiling line - just tucking them up at the bottom of your stairs? Or have you already figured something out?
ReplyDeletewhat a dip...you mean the top wall don't you? Aahhh...now I get it...
ReplyDeleteYou've gotta have an adorable pic from a 6 month shoot don't you? Or a fun quote blown up?