1.24.2012

Yeah, that's right, I went tanning.

And it felt amazing (well except that I spent the whole time praying to the skin cancer gods hoping they were not noticing what I was doing).

I felt like I was 20 again

First because I was fake baking all sorts of college-me like and secondly because of the ahhmazing way my face looked in the mirror above me. I mean, can I get a hell yeah to gravity actually working with me rather than against me?!

Then I got to thinking about that 20 something college girl. Oh my god. The work I put in...to look  like anything but myself.

There was the fake tanning, followed by the fake bronzer. Add in the blonde blonde so not natural hair and the fake nails. And I actually worked out...for like longer than 20 minutes at a time. Oh my. I'm tired just thinking about it. How did I even have time to get to class?

Yes, 30 does have its disadvantages, like my skin that I swear ages a bit more every night no matter how many layers of Philosophy hope this and hope that I slather on. But as cliche as it sounds, I'll gladly take those little wrinkles if they come with everything else I have.

And...when you're thirty you still get to act like you're 20 sometimes...like when you order totally not age appropriate shoes and giggle like a little kid when they arrive in their purdy green Piperlime box and then you prance around your office showing them to anyone that walks by.


Ah, shoes. The real fountain of youth.

1 comment: