2.05.2012

vacation is over...wahwah

Oh vacations. Why must time fly so much while we're enjoying you?? I will admit I was a little nervous that a seven day vacation was going to be a tad too long...but the week in Florida went crazy fast. I'm not even exaggerating when I say I stomped into my parents room on the last day and whined and tantrumed that I wasn't ready to go yet. It was a proud moment for them I'm sure.

Anyways....Florida. It was great. The resort was better than expected and the rooms bigger than pictured. How nice when that happens!!

I'm not going to lie and say it was 100% perfect, but it's great to know that we can definitely travel with the little Miss. Even when she is popping through FOUR molars and caught some kind of bug mid trip that left us with sleepless coughing nights and a run to the walk in clinic. Oh well, such is life. The funny thing is, even when she was feeling totally crappy...she didn't seem to mind.

The details. There was a massage, a pedicure, a lazy river and water slide, lots and lots of drinks, lots of seafood, lots of fun and laughs, boatloads of sunscreen, plenty of tylenol, caffeine, a trip to Target for a new stroller, tons of memories made, and lots learned for the next round.

Some photos:




Not a fan of the water. This is about as close as she would get on the first day. It was a little better towards the end, but she is apparently a bath only water baby.


Big ocean for a little baby.  Our first trip to the ocean was towards the end of a windy day. She liked the hard sand, but when we put her down in the soft stuff, she cried hysterically. And the other day we ventured to the ocean, she was asleep before we hit the sand...so hooded sweatshirt ocean photos will have to do.



Grandpa loved seeing the girls check out the new scenery.


This one is a little blurry but it kills me every time. Like, heeeey y'all. This way to the pool??


It was so fun to travel with a built in playmate! Liv and Emmie had tons of fun playing together. Mostly with buckets of water at the pool.



I'm just so glad I was finally able to put Em in the dresses we had stocked up for last summer! (This was the very first thing I bought when I found out I was having a girl...and she finally got to wear it just shy of 14 months old.)


Our last day in Florida was a cloudy one...still warm, but cloudy. We decided to head to the mall, the girls shopped....and Andy...got a pedicure. I know, he's going to kill me for posting this photo. But for reals, how funny is this?  




No comments:

Post a Comment