In about 15 seconds the other night, Emmie went from sitting and playing nicely by one toy to using that toy to get on top of another toy. Omigod. Andy and I were both just sitting there watching her and you could see the exact moment that the light bulb went off in her head and the idea came to mind. And 15 seconds later, she was standing on top of the toy and mom and dad were crying in laughter.
We let her make the big climb a few more times, you know, to photograph the ordeal and then moved the toys.
But the concept was obviously well ingrained. Fast forward to the following day when she was in her room for one minute alone. By the time I got there she had tipped over her suitcase and used it to climb up onto her end table and I walked in to see her standing on the table pounding on her wall.
Oh man.





No comments:
Post a Comment