More often than not I will get your advice on random little things, which is so appreciated by the way...but then I never tell you how it turned out. That's not very nice of me. Here we go:
1. The vomies.
Not a single session of vomies since the tubes were put in. Who knew those little ears now fixed by those teeny tiny tubes were the root of all evil just a month ago? We're back to laying her down in her crib at night with paci and blanky in hand and it's lights out until we hear a thud in the morning...that thud is her seahorse hitting the floor after being launched from the crib...as in hey, come get me, I'm awake. And that thud, on a sleepinable morning this past weekend, was heard at 7:55am. Omigod! Almost 8am. Divine.
2. The bottle.
We are bottle free in the casa de Fellows. And it was...so easy! Like maybe a week long transition, and that was it. So weird! I honestly don't even know how it happened, it just did.
3. The new room.
Transitioning to the new room is going a bit better. There isn't too much crying in the morning and she's eating breakfast with the big kids. She is still hanging on to her blanky like it's her lifeline and I'm pretty sure she has her paci in all day while at school. (I think we'll give her another week and then try to cut that out. At home, it's naps and bedtime only....and we'll cut that out in February...not a chance we're letting that kid on a plane without a pacifier!) Oh, but the coolest thing about the new room? She naps for over two hours. Apparently she hops on her little cot, closes her eyes and sleeps until the lights come back on (one half hour nap a DAY was her norm in the infant room.)
Oh but I do have a question, on her little take home report card on Tuesday they said we should participate in their current theme week: winter wear. What the hell is that?? Like Uggs and puffy vests everyday or is this more pageanty like sequin snowflake onesies kind of stuff? I'm so clueless!
4. Her toofers.
Have we talked about her teeth? Or more importantly her frenulum? Whateverthehell that is. Okay, I know what it is after the pediatrician pointed it out and said it was okay (but not okay in the yes, it's normal kind of voice but more so in the yeah...that's okaaay for noooow kind of voice). It's the little piece of skin above her front teeth that is not so much a big deal right now, but can potentially lead to speech impediments and a gap between her front teeth. Anywho...no worries now, she smashed her face on her favorite new toy (wicker box) and broke that bad boy last night. Ohmagaawd. There was so much blood. And not to make it about me, but I was wearing a white sweatshirt. Anyways, "they" say that if it's bad enough that frenulum needs to be clipped but sometimes the kid will break it on their own...so I guess, good job Emmie?
Um yeah, that's about all for now. I will be seeking advice on cutting the paci in the coming weeks. I'm pretty sure that will suck more than anything has sucked before, pun intended.
Good to hear that Emmie is doing good with all those follow-ups!
ReplyDeleteAnd the paci - I kept setting goals for when we were gonna get rid of it - 6 months, 1 year, yeah, we still use it at night/ when crabby. The newest goal is before the next baby comes. Right now I'm like - whatever. I'm guessing our latest goal won't happen either ;) Good luck!