It was just me and my girl this weekend. Andy left for the middle of nowhere to hunt pheasant on Friday and I was actually quite excited about my weekend at home with Emmie.
Saturday we played with friends and helped paint Laura's nursery, Emmie took awesome naps and was happy as clam at Olivia's 1st birthday party. Sunday we played again, we went to grandma and grandpa's house, Emmie took even more amazing naps and then it was back to g&g's for Sunday night dinner - because this girl doesn't turn down a meal*. It was time to go, the babe was getting antsy and she needed a bath before bed. We got in the car and headed off on our three minute drive home...half way there...I heard the cough...followed by the vomit.
Ho.ly.Shit.
I looked back, hoping it was just a little spit up...no no. No it was not. And then there was choking, followed by more throwing up.
I pulled the car over and lunged to the backseat. OMIGOD. Head...to toe...covered in vom...crying and looking so so scared. I had to take her out of her seat. Now, we were both covered in vom. Cars whizzing past. Me wondering what the hell do I do now. I had no cell phone, not that it would help. My mind went blank and the only thing I could do was grab a random diaper laying the backseat to just try to wipe her sad little face. We couldn't sit there and do nothing any longer...I had to drive us home and I only had two options. Put her hysterical self back in the carseat or Britney Spears it the last two minutes home. Only me, Emmie and my stinky car will know my choice.
We made it home, made it to the tub and then we cuddled. Oh what a sad sad girl. She was clinging to me like a little monkey as she fell asleep. Mom came over so I could gather the vomies and clean up. Oof.
And all those jazzy naps the whole weekend...I need one of those right now. I got about three hours of sleep last night. We took a sick day today and though she's feeling better, Em still isn't quite herself. Is dad home yet?!
*So, in hindsight...I'm thinking that the meatloaf, cheddar mashed potatoes and squash weren't the best combination for my kid. Oh sure, she's had them all before, but my dad actually uses spices other than salt and pepper and I'm thinking bland probably would've been a better option. Yeah, parent of the year right here.
Oh No! Poor Emmie. She just might have the stomach flu - I heard at work last week that it is on the rampage. I'm sure it will be a matter of only time until we get it again. Ughgh - babies and vomiting - SO SCARY!
ReplyDelete:-( <--- thats a *HUGE* sad face.
ReplyDeletepoor thing. (you and her both!)
(ps. i know i don't have kids, but sometimes people actually trust me with theirs and this situation happened to me once. it SUCKED!)