10.14.2011

sleeping with nyquil and a comedian - not in that order.

I've always known sleep is of utmost importance to me, but even God knew how much I needed it because he gave me a sleeper child. But this week, he took her away, just to make sure I knew how good I had it.

Following the vomie situation life just didn't get back on track quickly. There were lots of ups in the nights, followed by a 4am wake up call...and then real life in which I had to be at meetings at 7:15am. Seriously, that is early.

Then Wednesday night I had a date with the comedian, Jo Koy and I had to pull myself together for that. He was friggin' hilarious. But don'tcha knooow Fargooo was poorly represented by a gal, baring a striking resemblance to Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife, holding 4 beers...some in her cleavage. I mean really. Why do those people always have to sit front row and bring us down any notch we could have gone up.  Jo was really cool and admitted after well over an hour of comedy he had nothing better to do than stay on stage. So he did.

Oh another thing I loved about Wednesday night - a girl that was with one of my friends asked me if I was Blueberry's mom. Love that! Who doesn't love a little throwback to Blueberry?!

Then Thursday night...I went to bed in a Nyquil induced stupor at 8:09pm. It was glorious. And then the babe cried out...I figured it was about 5am so I had some good sleep in me and all wasn't lost...but, it was only 11:30pm! Is there anything better than feeling completely rested and knowing you have HOURS left to sleep? Yes, the babe going right back to sleep after finding her blanky and waking up at 7:30.

Yes God, I will remember to give thanks daily for a full night of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment