Do you ever hear lyrics that hit home in such a way it makes you think the song was written just for you? I remember loving this Rascal Flatts song back in the day...The Day Before You. I loved the words and the message and how true it was. Not that I had to wait all that long to find Andy, but back then it felt like forever. And once I found him, well, all was right with the world.
I had all but given up on
Finding the one that I could fall into
On the day before you
I was ready to settle for
Less than love and not much more
There was no such thing as a dream come true
But that was all the day before you.
Then I re-heard the song on my long drive to Bismarck and loved it all over again. I listened to that song again, waiting for my favorite lines. And I couldn't believe how those words touched my heart again...this time in a different way.
In your eyes I see forever
I had all but given up on
Finding the one that I could fall into
On the day before you
I was ready to settle for
Less than love and not much more
There was no such thing as a dream come true
But that was all the day before you.
Then I re-heard the song on my long drive to Bismarck and loved it all over again. I listened to that song again, waiting for my favorite lines. And I couldn't believe how those words touched my heart again...this time in a different way.
In your eyes I see forever
It makes me wish that my life never knew the day before you
Oh but Heaven knows those years without you
Were shapin' my heart for the day that I found you
If you're the reason for all that I've been through
Then I'm thankful for the day before you
My baby girl! Oh tears.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I just couldn't be more thankful for that sweet baby girl and I know the journey we took to get her has everything to do with that. The love is overwhelming, but the gratefulness I have that she is here is just as great, even 10 months later. The days before her, long and trying as they were, gave us our dream come true.
(To my friends who are in the midst of their own baby making journeys, these are the days before and everything you've gone through has shaped your heart for the day that baby comes your way...and soon you will have your dream come true...and you will be even more amazing mothers because of it.)
My baby girl! Oh tears.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I just couldn't be more thankful for that sweet baby girl and I know the journey we took to get her has everything to do with that. The love is overwhelming, but the gratefulness I have that she is here is just as great, even 10 months later. The days before her, long and trying as they were, gave us our dream come true.
(To my friends who are in the midst of their own baby making journeys, these are the days before and everything you've gone through has shaped your heart for the day that baby comes your way...and soon you will have your dream come true...and you will be even more amazing mothers because of it.)
No comments:
Post a Comment