4.14.2010

Yeah, that's right, I'll admit it.

What's a blog good for if not to embarrass the author? Perhaps a time to let new friends in on a secret past or remind old friends about the oddities of Kelsey. Pictures from elementary school? I don't think so. The story of when I changed my name to Sasha in 5th grade - nope not that either.

If you didn't know, I’ve had a few moms in my day. Why, I’m not exactly sure. Vicki has held on the longest though and she was never jealous of my other mothers.


Mom #1.
Crystal Gayle. I was too young to remember this mom crush, but I’m thinking at age 5 – in the eighties – who wouldn’t have a mad crush on this floor length hair? Just looking at it now makes me gag a little.






Mom #2.

Reba McEntire. This one I remember and spanned pretty much through junior high and into high school. Yes, I was in her fan club. I wasn't obsessed. It’s a little embarrassing now, but I was proud back in the day. Yes, her country twang was a bit much at times – but – who doesn’t love Reba?! Again with the big hair, do you think my volume obsession began that young?




Mom #3.

Deidre Hall. She played Marlena Evans on Days of Our Lives. Now, this mom crush lasted from high school into college. I’m not sure what I liked about her, but I know it wasn’t her husband John Black (his chest hair or evil eye brow) or her brief possession by the devil. And unfortunately this crush had to end when I got a real job and couldn’t watch soaps all day. But I know for a fact there is still a VHS of one of John and Marlena's weddings somewhere in my house.


Yep, that's my life. Weird huh?


3 comments:

  1. Ok. So when I saw Reba, this is EXACTLY what came to my mind. no lie.

    "Here's your one chance, FANCY don't let me down."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted my mom and dad to be Donnie and Marie Osmond! Little did I understand that they were siblings, and that probably would be a little too weird for them to be my mom and dad. I had the barbie dolls, you know the ones with the pink and purple outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kels,, this is seriously funny stuff!

    Liz, I almost peed my pants when I read your comment!!

    ReplyDelete