11.06.2013

o-n-e

ONE!

One year ago, we met our little man Ethan Michael Fellows. Though our meeting was brief and he was whisked away to the NICU, he had his mommy's heart from the get go.

 
 
Those big brown eyes, that sweet baby face, all those cords...who could resist.
 
It's true, the first few weeks weren't so awesome. We had the flu, we had fussiness, but after a few months...that boy...he was a little piece of heaven. (Even if it took 10 months for him to sleep through the night.)
 
 


 
 
He is a crawling machine, standing up on his own, but not yet interested in walking on his own.
 
He loves his paci and playing with the kitchen.
 

 
He has six teeth and is still a lil peanut, though he will eat anything you put in front of him.
 
And we have finally discovered the cause behind his terrible skin. The Mister is allergic to dogs, soy, wheat and eggs. Yep. We took anything made with eggs out of his diet about a month ago and the change was dramatic. No more red, itchy face. After some testing, the other allergens were identified. We have since changed Ethan to a gluten free diet and we're waiting too see if that also makes a difference. Tucker is staying...for now. We will rule out all of the dietary changes to see if the dog is a biggie or not.  For now, only time will tell.
 
Other than that, I just want to eat him up. I've said it a million times, but he is just a laid back little dude. Until it's bed time, then you'd think we were trying to cut off a limb when putting on his jammies.


 
I've been asked if I'm trying to savor his babyness and keep him little forever. Honestly, I'm not. I love him and his babyness right now, but I am so excited to meet the little person he is going to become. I want to know his personality, with words attached. Will he be outgoing or shy? Will he be talkative or quiet? Will he be a wild child or maintain his laid back ways. Will he grow out of the allergies? I'm so excited to find out.
 
But I won't rush it...I promise I'll keep kissing on those sweet baby cheeks as long as I can.

 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment