7.19.2013

Sick day

Yesterday, for the third day in a row, my mini me was sent home from school with a fever. And for the third day in a row, she hardly had a temp and was acting totally fine once she was home. A little under the weather but no sickness was keeping her from playing, screaming, running etc. So, we decided to hit the streets. And on a 95 degree day, the streets were in the air conditioned mall.
 
My girl and I, we had a good time. We had some Noodles & Company, checked out every bathroom in nearly every store and threw our monies into the fountain.
Loves the fountain.
New sunnies and headband.
Nothing better than Mac'n'Cheese
and chocolate milk.
 
We picked up Ethan a bit early and headed home to wait for Dad to get off work.

It was a lovely day.
And then, all hell broke loose.
It was like everyone waited until 5pm to have one epic meltdown…after meltdown…after meltdown.  My favorite scream session (arms thrown in the air, body flung to the floor, sobbing) was when I used the wrong color towel on Emmie’s baby doll after Emmie took it upon herself to give her a real bath. She continued bawling as she walked (naked) down to the living room to get the towel she really wanted, threw it over her shoulder and walked back up.
My laid back Mister, he was no better. His favorite game is I Lose My Mind If I’m Not in Your Arms followed by a close second: I Cry Hysterically If I Can’t See You. Awesome. You know, for that thirty seconds in which I was hoping to pee.
And then it was bedtime. And the whole cry it out thing we accomplished a couple months ago. It’s back. Because someone apparently has cry it out amnesia. Seriously, it was so good for a while and then…boom…back to where we started.
Oh and don’t you worry, Ethan’s crying then made Emmie cry. "But mamaaaa, Ethan's cryyyyyinggg!!" Sob. Sob. Wail.
The second Ethan would settle himself down the Miss would start crying. Oh the cycle. Hyena baby, screeching toddler. Andy, it's your turn. Hyena baby, screeching toddler. Crap, it's my turn.

Finally, at 7:45 kids were sleeping. And shortly thereafter, so was I.

No comments:

Post a Comment