3.04.2013

Shopping Buddy

Em is my new shopping buddy. Pretty much every weekend we ditch dad and Ethan and head to somewhere fun...and magical...like Target. This Sunday we did Target and then Old Navy, because Emmie wanted to keep shopping. I kid you not. Clearly this girl is mine.

Old Navy is great too...did you know they have balloons? On sticks. Basically the most amazing thing to ever happen to Emmie.  And they have mannequins and we have to touch them all and hold their hands and put our hands in their pockets (she's got a thing for pockets). And you know what, we'll do all that because we can. And if feeling up a mannequin on a Sunday afternoon makes this girl giggle, why not. Oh and they had super duper clearanced zebra slippers.




She pranced around in her slippers all afternoon and then went batshit crazy with the balloon and stick combo. We finally had to put the balloon "down for a nap" to get some sanity back in the house.

And then that ball of crazy said the sweetest thing later that night, after her bath.

If you didn't know, I love after bath more than anything. When the water is draining and I've got Emmie wrapped in a towel on my lap. She feels cuddly warm to me, but she's freezing cold so she stays wrapped up head to toe getting cozy in my lap. And last night, as we're cuddling up she turns to me and says: "Thanku mama. Thanku for Target today. I lub you." And then she leaned in and kissed my lips. And I immediately started crying.

Now, I had said numerous times during our trip how much fun I was having and what a good girl she was being. But for her to whip out the sweetest, most genuine thank you later that night, well, melt my heart indeed.

And post bedtime I was telling Andy about our sweet little girl and he says "oh yeah, she said something like that when we were reading books. Something about Target and how much she loved you."

Obviously mom was a little more sentimental about the comment than dad.

1 comment: