2.13.2013

The things she says...

One of the best things about blogging is being able to go back and read through my posts. Years later, when memories have faded, these blog posts are still black and white. And by simply reading a post, I'm brought right back to that memory like it was yesterday.

I've been reading through the posts of Emmie's first year lately. Comparing life, seeing what was happening then, and thinking back on all those new mom moments.

I want to make sure that years down the road, when my memory is fuzzy, I will remember all the funny things this little toddler said as well. I can't even explain how funny she is. And I can't even tell you how many times Andy and I catch each other's eye and just laugh at what came out of her mouth:


Stalling while tucking her in at bedtime one night: "Mom, you wearing pants? Mom, you have eyeballs?"

All in one breath: "Who's makin' that noise?Tucker?Oh!My love Tucker."

Putting on chapstick: "Mmm...that tastes pretty."

Picking out her two M&Ms after going potty: "I picka blue, matcha my shirt."

When there is a K at the beginning of a word, she says T instead, which made this an instant classic: "Dad! Look! I brought you a kitty."

She wanted to come to work with me in the worst way. I told her I had to go and bring home the bacon. I got home and was greeted with: "Mom! You got bacon?"

And while I really want to post the video of her running through the kitchen "naken" singing Row, Row, Row Your Boat....I'll post this instead:
 
 
Completely obsessed. She watches the video on YouTube daily and from time to time we'll hear her singing to herself "I miss you so bad, I miss you so bad."

No comments:

Post a Comment