That's what you do when you get an invitation for the whole family to have a sleep over with friends. And we couldn't get out of town fast enough.
We packed and packed and loaded up (yeah we all know Andy did the loading) and as for packing...I forgot all of Ethan's winter stuff, most of Emmie's diapers and the eggbake for breakfast, because I'm awesome on no sleep.
Did I mention we also went out the night before? Like out out, with dinner and drinks and friends and a babysitter and we stayed out way too late for parents of a not sleeping through the night three month old. Mom and dad were both drinking Coke before 9am. At least Ethan slept the whole way there and Em was knee deep in Dora and snacks.
We packed and packed and loaded up (yeah we all know Andy did the loading) and as for packing...I forgot all of Ethan's winter stuff, most of Emmie's diapers and the eggbake for breakfast, because I'm awesome on no sleep.
Did I mention we also went out the night before? Like out out, with dinner and drinks and friends and a babysitter and we stayed out way too late for parents of a not sleeping through the night three month old. Mom and dad were both drinking Coke before 9am. At least Ethan slept the whole way there and Em was knee deep in Dora and snacks.
Alicia 'always a teacher' Larson had a bag full of tricks waiting for Emmie. Paper, stickers and markers...and a glue stick! This was Em's first encounter with a glue stick and it was love at first sight. I've always been a little worried that my girl wouldn't be crafty. I mean, that's kinda all I know! But thankfully she is already a professional with the glue stick.
When she wasn't crafting, she was dancing. Matt's parents built a beautiful new cabin with an all season porch that turned into Emmie's dance studio. And after dancing, she turned the fireplace into her desk and used Molly's bumbo as her chair.
![]() |
| Please don't bother me, I'm busy drawing on my Surface. |
And the babes? They pretty much just hung out, doing baby things. Did I mention how great it is that Matt's brother has a toddler too...so in our room there was a toddler bed, pack'n'play and a high chair? Yeah, pretty great.
![]() |
| Oh hey Molly, mind if I drool all over your toy? |
It was a gorgeous day at the lake so we packed on the layers and sent Em out with the boys. She loved trudging through the snow and getting sled rides from Dad and Matt while Ethan stayed cuddled up by the fireplace with the girls.
Needless to say, the Fellows family sleepover was a success. Em slept well in the toddler bed and Ethan was Ethan...I hear there was a 4am rendezvous between Ethan, Molly and the dads. I wonder if that is what Matt and Andy envisioned their all nighter would be like.




No comments:
Post a Comment