4.26.2012

Cat. Bag, We're out of it!



That’s right. The Fellows are growing by two feet!!

And now for the Q&A portion of the event.

Due date? November 12th 2012. I’m just shy of the coveted second trimester, but I couldn’t hold it in any longer. No literally, this tummy…it’s a poppin’ all over the place.

Did it happen naturally this time? Pfft. Yeah right. We transferred two of our nine frozen embryos in February. Our frozen cycle was such a cake walk compared to the last go round. We started a few injections on our Florida trip and then I just took pills, had a couple appointments and it was time to go!  We officially found out we were pregnant on Matt and Alicia’s wedding day (though I had cheated and took some home pregnancy tests a few days prior.)

Was it a secret? It was! Because our first round of IVF was as public as it could be, we thought a little secret would be fun. I ended up having to tell Alicia, because someone decided to up and set a wedding date that would’ve been over my post transfer bedrest. And luckily, the date ended up being switched to the next week…I’d like to say she did that for me…but I’m not quite that cool. And then, I ended up telling my mom and one special friend while I was on bedrest…because well, I’m really bad at keeping my own secrets.

Twins? No! Just one little Fellow in there! Though we were preparing ourselves for twins in the beginning. Emmie’s numbers were super high, but this kiddo…even higher! We spent a good two nights preparing ourselves and the savings account for twins.

Guillain Barre and the First Trimester?! And I hate it when people say this, but: I KNOW, RIGHT?! I was a very tired and scared little pup for a while there. I’m not sure if I ever mentioned it, but when we were in the ER, I made Andy shake that he wouldn’t die. So I knew he wouldn’t die, because obviously, he keeps his word, but I was just very emotional and uncertain about the future and the pregnancy hormones were kicking my ass along with everything else. The thing is…this baby...was probably the thing that kept me sane. That kept me eating, that kept me getting rest…so baby, mama thanks you! And, having a hospital bed to take lunch naps in, well, better than the car I guess.

How have I been feeling? Just tired. Very tired. And queasy. The beginning of my pregnancy was a little rough, there were a few scary days and I was placed on bed rest…not so conveniently at the exact same time Andy was laid up with what we thought was a back problem…so no one could lift Emmie. I know! So Grandma Vicki to the rescue as always. She picked Emmie up from school, put her to bed etc. she pretty much saved our lives.

The shots?! Oh yeah, remember those progesterone shots…and then having a husband in the hospital who couldn’t necessarily give me an ass shot every night? Cue Dad. Yep, every night I would go to their house or he would come to mine, before or after my nightly visit to the hospital and dad would Dr. up and give me my shot. He was actually really good at it too!

So there you have it. The cat is officially out of the bag! And we are so so thrilled!

8 comments:

  1. Yay congratulations!!! Glad you are almost out of 1st tri., man does it suck! Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great secret to tell!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kels! That's so awesome! I'm so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful news!! Congratulations!! The second time around is amaaaaazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! So excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kels, YEAH, so great! Glad you had good frozens, and it worked first time around. And, your dad being good at shots, ha!! I was his practice target. I was up visiting during my shots, and he graciously volunteered. Bruises for weeks I tell ya! Looking forward to tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! I came in hoping you got a cat (you SAID cat!) ... but this is way better. Congrats to you, Andy, and big sis Emmie. Will you find out what you're having?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news Kelsey! So happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete