1.16.2011

Baptism Day!

Today was baby girl's baptism!

You know those grandiose ideas you have that you never follow through on? Yeah, I have a lot of those.

I had always thought that I (Vicki) would somehow whip my wedding dress into an amazing christening gown for baby - unfortunately I remembered that fantastic idea just two days ago. And while Vicki is amazing, I figured that request would push her right over the edge.

So, I improvised!

I had bought this coat for Emmie to wear because we wanted to keep it casual...and it's January people. I wasn't about to put this little nugget in some silky summer only gown.



I carefully (like I'm going to wear it again some day or something?!) cut some beadwork from my wedding dress and glued it to her buttons! Viola! Just a bit of wedding day memory and bling to start off her baptism day.

 

And in classic Emmie fashion, she pretty much slept through the main event and the brunch following and the car ride home.



Godparents to the stars, Matt and Alicia started Emmie off on the right (and fashionably classic) foot with an "e" necklace that matches mom's "f". I don't think Thank You quite covers this wonderfully thoughtful and timeless gift...and mom should probably wear it until Emmie grows into it...and dad is hoping she doesn't get used to unwrapping that little blue box!

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative Kels! And how I wish Matt and Alicia were my godparents.

    ReplyDelete