1.21.2011

they say...

Who are they anyways? And how many children have they raised? Because they sure think they know everything.

Here's some things I've learned my almost 7 weeks of motherhood:

-Breastpads do not work when you put them in backwards.
-Anything with a zipper instead of snaps is my best friend.
-My tiny precious baby girl can make noises from below the belt that wake the dog.
-Somehow, some way babies can blow out the front of an outfit.
-A clean diaper of 30 seconds is an invitation to go again for my kid.
-It's not OCD to keep checking her breathing at night, it's love.
-Even if I haven't eaten, showered or cleaned anything today I'm still up to date of Facebook happenings and blogs. (not proud, not proud.)
-There is quite possibly a tranquilizer of sorts in the lavendar baby body wash...and I approve.
-Keeping track of my baby's "sleep" schedule makes me realize she is way advanced for her age. Like college age advanced...going to sleep around midnight and getting up for the day around 11 (yes she eats a couple times in there too).
-Her current sleep schedule is not going to work well when I go back to work.
-You can pick up on Days of Our Lives after 8 years and connect the pieces.
-Holding a baby while she sleeps is addictive, for me, not the kid.
-Ellen is way better than Oprah.
-I can stay in the house for days on end and be completely content...the frigid temps are helping with that.
-Tucker can hold it the entire day, proven the other day when at 4:30pm I realized he hadn't been let out yet.
-I can hold it the entire day too.
-Saying "dad's home" is music to my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment