1.25.2011

oh my gaaawd.

I am such.an.ASSHOLE!

So there I was yesterday all ranty and compainy about my little fussy baby....when I finally put the pieces together that she has THRUSH.

Yeah, what the hell is thrush? Oh it's just a yeast infection - OF THE MOUTHHHH. The only reason I even knew what the word was was from doing some creepy creep on some stranger's blog a while back, thank god I did because I never would have thought twice about the symptoms. 

I noticed a couple days ago that the back of her tongue was a little white, I figured it was from the formula we had to give her that night...well today I noticed it was still there. WTF. Why is my kid's tongue white? And she's been doing this weird licking thing lately...and she's been super fussy...and her eating habits are all weird...THRUSH. Oh shit. Yeah you'd be fussy too if your mouth hurt like a bitch.

So I had a humongous with tears mini geek out session, composed myself and phoned the clinic.  The meds are on their way.  I didn't even have to bring her in...apparently this is quite common with nursing babies...but still, this is MY baby and I feel like an epic failure.

(After some online research as well I'm coming to find this is a pretty mild case of the T word.)

Needless to say she's gotten nothing but loving all day long. Oh my, let's hope the meds work their magic in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment