2.12.2010

2010 A.Dvr.

Remember when you didn't have a DVR? And you planned your night around TV? You had to get errands run and get home by the time whatever amazing show was on, like Dawson's Creek or Friends. Or heaven forbid two of your faves were on at the same time and you had to flip between the two during commercials?

Not so much now with the invention of the amazing DVR, which ranks right up there with Astrostart. Now I find myself trying to skip my show for at least 20 minutes, so I can jump in and fast forward through all the commercials. And then, has it ever happened that you're watching regular TV and automatically you pick up the remote and try to fast forward through the commercial - only to realize you're watching it live? So disappointing.

The only problem I have with the DVR is that now I watch too many shows. I used to have a handful of faves that I couldn't live without. Now that list just keeps expanding. It's just so easy to set a series recording and by the end of the week you have a dozen shows to catch up on! Pathetic as it is, last night Andy and I were forced to watch TV downstairs, because the DVR upstairs was recording too many shows at once for us to be on a different channel. Damn Survivor and its 2 hour premiere.

So this weekend, I will be catching up on all of my favorites: High School Reunion, Millionaire Matchmaker, The Deep End, Greys, Private Practice, Brothers & Sisters, The Good Wife, a handful of Chelsea Latelys, some Oprahs, The Family Guy, and the 16 and Pregnant Reunion Show.

Don't judge me, I live in North Dakota and it's supposed to be 10 above today, there's nothing more productive that I could be doing.

3 comments:

  1. This is me shaking my head in shame.. I don't have a DVR or Remote Car Starter.. its like I live in the 90's or something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also heart my DVR. The only issue I have is we need another one, as Nate and I always fight over space issues. His taken up by ESPN crap and my reality shows/Lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Andy and I totally have 2 DVRs. The key to a happy marriage, separate bathrooms and separate DVRs. :)

    ReplyDelete