2.05.2010

Red Wine & Bleu Cheese Burgers

Here is the recipe for the Bleu Cheese burgers from a few posts ago. Alicia, I hope they make Super Bowl Sunday that much more amazing.

2 lb ground beef
3 green onions
2 tsp grill seasoning: McCormicks Montreal Steak Seasoning
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 c red wine
2 tbsp olive oil
1 c buttermilk
1 c bleu cheese
1 tsp hot sauce


Combine the ground beef, onions, seasoning, worc. and red wine in a bowl. Thoroughly combine. Split into 4 parts. Heat skillet med/high heat with the olive oil. Add patties and cook 4-5 minutes on each side. While burgers cook prepare bleu cheese sauce:

Combine buttermilk, bleu cheese, hot sauce and salt and pepper. Blend thoroughly.

Place burgers on toasted bun, top with bleu cheese sauce.

So like described previously, the skillet situation did not work well for me. The George Foreman was awesome though. I halved the burger recipe and sauce recipe as well...and my main tip is to not open bleu cheese prior to cooking - I almost ate it ALL before getting it to the sauce - oh and of course drink the remaining wine.

(And do I look like an a-hole for spelling Bleu like this? I thought that was how you spelled it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment