12.17.2013

Santa, two weeks later.

 
No, I never intended to be in the Santa pic.
 
But apparently the photographer had a different idea in mind. While I think kids crying and screaming in Santa's arms are hilarious, I guess he thought I would only buy a family smiles version (the people ahead of us were Photoshop switching heads to get it just right) so mom and dad were added to the mix.
 
Emmie was not interested in Santa in the least bit...however she did muster the courage to ask for a "toy" from Santa. When asked to specify her toy choice, she said a doll. And when asked to once more clarify that, she said a baby one.  So that Bitty Baby she just got two weeks ago for her birthday, apparently not as memorable as I was hoping.
 
In the picture I'm also using Mrs. Claus' chair to hold myself up. I threw my back out and was hunched over and hobbling around for days on end. There were meds, there were lots of glasses of wine and margaritas.
 
And I don't even have to say this but, can you believe it's Christmas next week? Holy hell, where did December go? I am proud that I have a handful of presents purchased (nothing wrapped) but I did buy wrapping paper, so that has to count for something right?
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment