10.24.2012

the upstairs

Upstairs we have the laundry room and baby's room to the front, extra bedroom, bathroom and Emmie's room to the back of the house and the master at the end of the hallway.

 
 
The 4th bedroom. We decided that using the extra bedroom as an additional toy room/tv room/den for the upstairs was a better use of space than a guest room that would rarely be used. And we are loving it so far!
 
 
Kid's bathroom. I can't tell what the colors are looking like online...this wall color is Cornhusk Green.

 
Big mama. I was really just trying to highlight the framed mirror. Another one of my random wants turned into need.  It's one of those things that we would say we would do down the road, but then never actually do it. Again, I'm super happy with it, even though our cabinet guy thought I was nuts.

 

Emmie's room! (Grand Hotel Mackinac Blue) Yes, that's the light fixture from her nursery in the other house. I just couldn't stand to let it go...so we asked to take it!

 
Baby's room (Feeling Blue). A super light, bluey grey for our little fella.
 
 

The master bedroom (Woodlawn Colonial Grey). And see out that window...the house that's being built...we actually know those people! Don't worry guys, the blinds are already up.

 

The master bath. This is the very first time Andy and I will be sharing a bathroom. A pretty big deal. We believe that separate bathrooms and DVRs are key to a happy marriage. So let's just hope that separate vanities work the same way. Did you know Andy's super neat and tidy and I'm...not. Especially in the bathroom. I've been really good so far though...and I credit that to the outlet in the linen closet so my flat iron and hair dryer are never seen again...best thing ever!

 
(And the master closet off of the bathroom.)
 
That's about it!  We're slowly getting around to decorating the joint and once there is something else to show...I'll post it.
 
Maybe baby will finally get a name hung up on his wall....


3 comments:

  1. #1. LOVE Emmie's room color choice.
    #2. I'm ready to come see this in real life.
    #3. Framed mirror. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the subtle difference between Girl room (Emmie's) and Boy room. Both blue, but totally perfect for each of them.

    Plus that master suite. I'm dying a little...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is beautiful! And your belly is so cute!

    ReplyDelete