2.07.2012

baby wonder mcwonderstein

As you may recall: after Florida = operation drop the paci.

Sunday night came and we chickened right out. We rationalized that perhaps Emmie needed a week or so to get over her cold and get back into the daycare swing of things. You know, because she was all jet laggy from vacation and the 6am flight home and well because mom and dad wanted some serious sleep filled nights too.

Apparently we neglected to tell daycare our new plan and they remembered the one drop the paci comment we made weeks prior.

So I pick up Em after work on Monday and she is sans paci. This is pretty normal but I asked her where her paci was.

Daycare gal: Oh she hasn't had it at all today!
::insert open mouth and blank stare from mom::
Me: What do you mean? Is she okay? Did Andy talk to you this morning?
Daycare gal: No. I thought we were getting rid of the paci this week.
Me: I know, but we kinda chickened out...but she's still alive? Did she nap?
Daycare gal: Yeah, she slept for two hours.
::insert open mouth and blank stare from mom::
Me: Like without her pacifier?
Daycare gal: Yeah. She stole Avery's for a bit but then she fell asleep after they took it away.
Me: Hmm...okay, operation no paci is back in full swing.

So I get home and inform Andy it's officially D-day.

::insert open mouth and blank stare from dad::

Andy: On a Monday?? I don't think I'm ready for this!
Me:  I KNOW! But we can't make them do all the work in the day and then just do whatever at night.
Andy: I need some time to wrap my head around this.

Fast forward to bedtime. We do loves, we do milk and Andy lays her down. She cried a lame cry a few times and dicked around in her crib for a half hour (I can't love our video monitors more if I tried) and then....she fell asleep. And stayed that way until 7 this morning.

WHAT?! That was it?! (Knock on wood.)

And life was good at daycare with a two and a half hour nap this afternoon and again tonight, we laid her down and she put herself to sleep, not even a peep.

How can this kid be so amazing?! I'm still knocking on wood because who knows what might happen tonight or the next or the next....but she is definitely rocking our world for now!

4 comments:

  1. She deserves a BIG present! :)
    G'ma Vic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how it's harder for the parents to break a cycle than it is for the kid?? I totally remember the feeling...still have it...

    The comment On A Monday? just cracks me up...

    Stac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same thing sort of happened for us with Eben - Dane just didn't give it to him one night (without my permission!) and Eben didn't care a bit - didn't ask for it, didn't cry, NOTHING! There was a long period of "open mouth, blank stare" from me too. I have definitely figured out that transitions like that are MUCH harder for me than they have been for our boys. Big boy bed went the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That girl of yours is a dream come true! ;)

    ReplyDelete