1.17.2010

Dogs are Kids

We dogsat my brother's dog, Hogan, this weekend and it's funny to me how much dogs act like kids. Yeah, that's right. I'll compare my dog to your kid any day.

We all know if Tucker was a real kid, he'd ride the short bus. But I found out this weekend, he'd also be that kid - the annoying one that no matter how much you ignore him, he keeps trying to play with you. Hogan was usually minding his own business each and every time Tucker tried to start a fight. But Hogan, the smart little fella...knew he probably wouldn't win in a fight with someone double his size, so whenTucker came by, he faked a paw injury and hobbled away until Tucker left him alone.

Nobody likes to share, I get it. But when the only bone you want is in the other dog's mouth, it gets annoying. So how does Andy deal with the fighting? You fight - you get no toys. Yep, all bones and toys removed from the house..thanks dad...our kids better have amazing imaginations!

Single child syndrome. Tucker was super protective of mom and very jealous when Hogan got any attention and almost flipped his sh*t when we let Hogan on the couch. Apparently somebody isn't used to sharing his parents either.

Never wake a sleeping dog. The point came in the day when the dogs were played out and finally asleep! But, if you made a sound, both heads perked up. Andy and I whispered our conversations, cheered silently for the Vikes, and I probably developed a bladder infection from not moving off the couch in fear of waking the sleeping pooches.

So again, I say dogs are like kids in lots of ways - but hopefully your 3 year old doesn't weigh 90 pounds, shed constantly or eat his poo on occasion.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Tuckie!! He looks so happy in the pic! Isn't so annoying when they pop their head up at every little noise...come on you don't do it when you are home alone, so why are you trying to act tough now?! And don't feel bad, we always call Josie the bratty only child.

    ReplyDelete