6.27.2010

Bold and Boring

It was a low key, boring in a good way weekend at the Fellows’. I don’t know how people can be go go go every weekend. I love to have some time to relax, get the house together and nap of course.

It was a super rainy Saturday, excellent for catching up on some DVRed shows and watching my new boyfriend, Landon play some World Cup Soccer. Sunday was windy of course, but with the sun shining, I won’t complain. Andy busied himself with yard work while Tucker and I set up shop on the deck. One of my favorite things to do is to fill up his little pool and watch his dumb ass splash around in circles - all the while singing Tommy Boy’s “Fat Guy in a Little Coat.”



Then Andy was off for an afternoon of golf while Tuck and I did what we do best: nap. I curled up in bed and Tucker curled up on my stacks of folded laundry. It was a bold move, but the stealth like jump to the bed made right as I was falling asleep paid off because I was just too sleepy to do anything about it.

And then I woke from my slumber to find Tucker’s face an inch from mine with his head on my pillow and I clearly knew it was time to get up!

2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog somehow!

    I love relaxing, yet productive, weekends. Your Tuck is a cutie! Our golden loves his pool and can play/spin/dig in it for hours. We haven't been able to get him to sit or lay down yet but we are working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kels-love love love the photo of Tucker in the pool! We often spend our sunny afternoons on the deck. Otis splashing in the pool like an idiot and me basking in the sun while wondering what in the world the neighbors are thinking.

    ReplyDelete